- Determine whether or not PCR experiment performed on 9/20 for Green Fluorescent Protein(GFP) was successful by gel electrophoresis.
- Made 1% (.01 g/mL) Agarose Gel:
0.25 g Agarose (.01 g/mL) mixed with 25 mL 1x TAE Buffer
Mixture was placed into microwave for 40 seconds
- 1 μL of 6x loading gel dye was mixed with 5 μL of DNA sample
- All DNA samples were loaded into gel along with ladder
- Gel was run at 80 V for 40 min
- Gel was then placed into container and washed with Ethidium Bromide / TAE Buffer solution for 15 min
- Gel was then rinsed with TAE Buffer for 5 min
- There are very faint bands visible near band seven on the ladder.
- The optimum gel for this experiment would be 1.5% Agarose