Create DSC Samples
- DSC samples were prepared from the 10% MOF-5, 10% HKUST-1, 10% ZIF-8, 50% MOF-5, and ABS filaments.
- Each sample consists of the following masses:
- 10% MOF-5: Sample Mass - 2.96 mg, DSC Pan mass - 39.99 mg
- 10% ZIF-8: Sample Mass - 3.13 mg, DSC Pan mass - 40.09 mg
- 10% HKUST-1: Sample Mass - 3.27 mg, DSC Pan mass - 40.02 mg
- 50% MOF-5: Sample Mass - 2.89 mg, DSC Pan mass - 40.17 mg
- ABS: Sample Mass - 3.23 mg, DSC Pan mass - 39.01 mg
Create PXRD Samples
- PXRD samples were created from the 50% MOF-5 in ABS filament and 10% HKUST-1 in ABS filament.
- About 1.05g of each was pressed at 195 °C
- The discs were removed and still had very noticeable grain boundaries, so they were re-pressed at 220°C
- Despite the increased temperature, the materials still did not appear homogeneous. It was determined, however, that this would be sufficient for PXRD.