Adopting the protocol for the synthesis of [CeK(H2O)12][Ce(H2O)6]2[(H2O)4CeBW11O39H]2·20H2O, a synthesis was performed using LaCl3·6H2O rather than Ce(NO3)3.
- Dissolved 0.70672g (~2 mmol) LaCl3·6H2Oin 20 mL of DI water.
- Dissolved 1.6037g (~0.5 mmol) K8[BW11O39H]·13H2O in 40 mL of DI water.
- Added the second solution to the first solution and adjusted the pH to 3.5 using 1M NaOH under stirring.
- Refluxed solution for 2 hours at 80°C.
- The resulting solution was saved for filtration on Monday
- When solutions were mixed, a precipitate was immediately produced. The solution was clear and colorless with a white precipitate.