Creation of a Calibration Curve that Accounts for the Effect of Nanoparticles in Fluorescence of Rhodamine
- Today I created a calibration curve that attempts to relate the concentration of nanoparticles present to the fluorescence response of Rhodamine B.
Creation of Standards
- Solutions all contain 100 nM Rhodamine B
- Standards were all made such that the final volume was 1 mL
- The following chart describes the quantities (in μL) that were added to create each standard:
- Fluorescence was performed with an excitation wavelength of 520 nm and the emissions were measured from 540-700 nm.
Figure 1: The figure above plots log(I/I0) against the volume of AuNP added. I is integrated fluorescence intensity and I0 is the integrated fluorescene intensity with no AuNP added.
- The trendline that best fits the calibration curve is a third order polynomial. Additional data points should be gathered in order to determine if this trendline holds true as it's a somewhat strange/unexpected pattern.
Creation of New Samples and Analysis of Most Recent Samples
- Nicole and Maxi created new samples and analyzed those made last week. See Nicole's Notebook.