I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Michael Hwang
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Major: Course 20
- Minor: Course 15
- Residence: Baker House, MIT
- Email me through OpenWetWare
Research Summary: I worked in the lab of Prof. Richard Hynes my freshman year, and in the lab of Prof. Robert Weinberg my sophomore year. This past summer, I worked at Genentech under David Dornan and Jeff Settleman, and for two summers in high school I worked at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in the lab of Beatrice Knudsen.
- 2013, BS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Novel regulators of epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in the context of cancer metastasis and cancer stem cells
- Modeling drug resistance and sensitivity, specifically EGFR inhibitors in cancer
- Putzke AP., Ventura AP., Bailey AM., Akture C., Opoku-Ansah J., Celiktas M., Hwang MS., Darling DS., Coleman IM., Nelson PS., Nguyen HM., Corey E., Tewari M., Morrissey C., Vesella RL., Knudsen BS., Metastatic Progression of Prostate Cancer And E-Cadherin: Regulation by Zeb1 and Src Family Kinases. American Journal of Pathology. 2011 Jul; 179(1):400-10. Epub 2011 May 4.