- Weigh PVAC ribbons and soak them in 20 ppm Malachite Green for UV-Vis in 10 minute increments
- Dry PVAC ribbons for pXRD and DSC
- PVAC bead synthesis
- The Malachite Green solution was made and after UV-vis was found to be at a concentration of 20.2ppm
- Dilution of .5mL of 20ppm into 5mL for a total concentration of 2ppm total to be measured with UV-vis
- 1.4163g of PVAC ribbons were placed into 10 mL of 20ppm Malachite Green Solution
- DSC preparation
- Tzero Pan weight: 0.04192g
- Tzero Pan and PVAC ribbons weight: 0.04494g
- Tzero Pan, PVAC ribbons and Lid weight: 0.05539g
- Total weight of PVAC ribbons in pan: 3.02mg
- pXRD Preparation: Take dried PVAC ribbons and condense them onto a pXRD plate
- New Bead Synthesis
- Weigh out 0.5020g of PVA and 0.0565g of Montmorillonite clay into 6mL of 10% HCl stir over heat until everything is dissolved
- Add 20mL Ethyl Acetate and 0.75mL of glutaraldehyde to a beaker with a stir bar and spin the solution
- Start Adding the PVAC solution drop wise to the ethyl acetate and glutaraldehyde
- After about 3 minutes add another 0.75mL of glutaraldehyde to the solution
- Once the finished adding the PVAC solution, add 25mL of sodium bicarbonate
- Centrifuge the sample at 3000rpm at 4 degrees celsius for one minute
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.