- Prepare 1 mL 0.4 M IPTG in autoclaved water.
- Grow E. coli cells prepared on 2012/11/03 and induce protein expression of ADA.
Preparation of 0.4 M IPTG
MW IPTG (β-D-1-thiogalactopyranoside): 238.31 g/mol
0.4 M × 0.004 L = 0.0016 mol IPTG
0.0016 mol IPTG × 238.31 g/mol IPTG = 0.3813 g IPTG
Actual mass IPTG = 0.3813 g
Actual concentration IPTG = 0.3813 g/0.004 L = 0.4 M
- 1 mL of 0.4 M IPTG was added to each of four 1.5 mL microcentrifuge tubes to prepare for protein expression.
- Please refer to Keyun Wang's entry for protein expression procedure, absorbance data of cells to monitor cell growth, and analytic equipment settings.
- Note that the cell pellets obtained after each centrifugation were resuspended in binding buffer made on 2012/09/26.