- possible players: glycogen phosphorylase (Afu1g12920), alcohol dehydrogenase (Afu3g01490), isoamyl alcohol oxidase (Afu3g07410) and NAD-dependent formate dehydrogenase (Afu6g04920).
- Afu5g00710 (GABA permease, putative)
- upreg in our study, SreA, and StuA studies.
- AreA & B
- main repressors in nitrogen repressing system (probably cooperate)
- e.g. arginine use as N source requires agaA and otaA genes (arginase & ornithine aminotransferase), repressed when ammonium available.
- deadenalyase (remove polyA tail = +mRNA decay)
- AreA regulated by Gln (glutamine).
- Many N metab genes are increased degraded in response to Gln by PopB
- P-body (cytoplasmic structure) is site of action (mRNA degradation by signalling pathways).
- GABA is catabolized to succinate via succinicsemialdehyde. potential bypass outside the classical tricarboxylic acid cycle
A. nidulans Hap complex
- Heterotrimeric CCAATT-binding complex (CBC). Evo conserved complex of HapB, C & E.
- A. nidulans has HapX. Repressed by GATA-factor SreA (iron regulation)
- repressed during iron starvation.
- Also CBC is modified by Thioredoxin A (trxA). HapC is oxidized by trxA. When reduced HapC locates to cytoplasm, and no transcription.
- CBC is regulated by post-translation mech (trxA) and transcriptional mech (sreA) for tight control linked to iron.
A. fumigatus SreA
- iron regulator.
- Repressor of 49 genes, in response to iron.
- GATA-factor (common to many ascomyota). Contains putative iron-sensing domain.
- Repressed genes incl reductive iron assimilation and siderophore-mediated iron uptake.
- 23 of 49 organized in clusters.
- Special cases:
- HapX, iron regulator (see above)
- mito ornithine carrier (AmcA), supply ornithine.
- CgrA, ribosome biosynthesis, thermotolerance, virulence.
- Cluster1 - cell-wall degradation? Afu1g03350 1,3-glucanase.
- Pep1 - aspartic endopeptidase Afu5g13300, & putative peptidase transporter Afu1g12240. protein degradation. (Pep1 found in sera)
- carbon metabolism - glycogen phosphorylase (Afu1g12920), alcohol dehydrogenase (Afu3g01490), isoamyl alcohol oxidase (Afu3g07410) and NAD-dependent formate dehydrogenase (Afu6g04920).
- motif ATCWGATAA
- source: 
A. fumigatus LaeA
- regulator of secondary biosynthesis clusters
- Seems to act independently of SreA
- Regulates SidE (some biosynthetic function?), but not other cluster genes (sidC, or D).
- No homolog in A. nidulans
- Gliotoxin biosynthesis
- source: 
A. fumigatus StuA & BrlA
- promotors of conidiation (some gene targets overlap)
- also regulators of secondary biosynthesis (usu related to conidation)
- StuA 6 biosynthetic clusters
- BrlA 1 biosynthetic cluster
- BrlA downregulates rioosomal protein synthesis in response to N limitation (not carbon)
- seems to be TOR independent
- source: 
Error fetching PMID 18721228:
Error fetching PMID 19028996:
Error fetching PMID 15101984:
Error fetching PMID 18678248:
Error fetching PMID 16205968:
Error fetching PMID 17845073:
Error fetching PMID 19132084:
Error fetching PMID 18490465:
- Error fetching PMID 18721228:
- Error fetching PMID 19028996:
- Error fetching PMID 15101984:
- Error fetching PMID 18678248:
- Error fetching PMID 16205968:
- Error fetching PMID 17845073:
- Error fetching PMID 19132084:
- Error fetching PMID 18490465: