- 2012 Molecular Ecology group Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University. Large-scale modeling of microbial ecosystems in human body.
- 2011 (March-December) Centre of Excellence in Microbial Food Safety Research, Department of Veterinary Bioscience, University of Helsinki, Finland. High-throughput analysis of human intestinal microbiota.
- 2010/2011 (Nov-Jan) Visiting researcher at the functional genomics group at European Bioinformatics Institute EBI, Hinxton, UK. Large-scale analysis of public gene expression databanks and development of algorithmic tools.
- 2010 D.Sc.(Tech.), PhD on machine learning and data integration for functional genomics. Dpt. Information and Computer Science, Aalto University, Finland
- 2005-2010 PhD candidate (machine learning / functional genomics) in Dpt. Information and Computer Science, Helsinki University of Technology (Aalto University), Finland. Research, project coordination, teaching and supervising, and close collaboration with other universities in Finland and abroad. Struggling to understand the structure and organization of life with adaptive learning algorithms. The work was carried out in Statistical Machine Learning and Bioinformatics group at Adaptive Informatics Research Centre, Aalto University and part-time in the Laboratory of Cytomolecular Genetics, University of Helsinki. Affiliated also with Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT and the Finnish Graduate School in Computational Sciences FICS.
- 2009 B.Sc. practical philosophy, Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Helsinki. Struggling to understand the structure and organization of values, morality, freedom and society.
- 2005 Researcher in Dpt. Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Finland. Data analysis for functional genomics.
- 2004-2005 Military duty; researcher at Turku Center for Biotechnology. Microarray analysis and data integration.
Graduate studies and beyond
- 2003 M.Sc.(Tech.), Faculty of Engineering Physics and Mathematics at Helsinki University of Technology; Machine Learning and Bioinformatics group of the Neural Networks Research CoE.
- 2002 (summer) Meteorological institute. Zagreb, Croatia. Started by measuring weather parameters at a weather station on Bilogora hills, close to the Hungarian border, drinking wine and shooting clouds to prevent hail. Later I moved to Zagred to manipulate compex-valued matrices for weather forecasting purposes.
- 2001 (summer) CERN, Geneva, Switzerland. Interesting to follow up if they will really find the Higg's boson with the Large Hadron Collider. I was simulating a potential decay channel of Higg's boson to two tau leptons and possible implications of symmetry violation in weak interaction to particle detection
- 2001 Founding Amnesty International student group in Helsinki University of Technology (chair 2001-2004)
- 2000 (fall) Voluntary work for an Indian NGO Dakshinayan in a rural village of Barai, Bihar in northern India. Maintaining village school and teaching English. I obtained the job through ETVO (KePa).
- 1999-2002 Freelance journalist
- 1995-1998 Luostarivuori high school, Turku, Finland
- 1979 First explorations begin