- Start an 8-day study on silver leaching in liquid environment.
- Start an 8-day study on cell growth in media containing silver films for 2, 4, 6, and 8 days.
- Silver-incorporated film was dried over the fume hood and was ready to be tested.
- Five 0.5g films were cut out from the dried film, all in circular shape.
- Four of those films were used in the 8-day cell growth test. One last film was used in the 8-day silver leaching study.
- Each of the four films were placed in each 125ml Erlenmeyer flasks containing sterile 50mL LB.
- The above procedures were repeated for control films containing laponite and poly(lactic) acid only. This control film was made on 04/02/2013
- The above procedures were also repeated for controls containing no films in media.
- All flasks were placed inside a draw to avoid light from causing oxidation of silver in media.