- MG measurements from PVA trial 2
- Continue film synthesis from last week
- Begin pXRD measurement
- Finish compiling DSC data
- Data collection from the DSC was completed
- a table of values and graphs of the temperature vs. heat flow can be seen below
- UV-Vis of the MG PVA films
- the data previously collected from the absorption of the PVA only films seemed off when compared to values with the class.
- New films were produced, allowed to absorb concentrations of Malachite Green, and UV-Vis was run on the different concentrations.
- Information on the new experiment can be viewed here.
- Ionic Liquid Exchange
- Started the XRD of the MG PVA-Clay Films
- Dr. Hartings produced the clay control in slot 1
- Madeleine's group produced the 8ppm sample in slot 2
- My group produced the 2ppm sample in slot 3
- My group produced the PVA film control in slot 4
- Eleni's group produced the 80ppm sample in slot 5
- Tami's group produced the 200ppm sample in slot 6
- Finished exfoliated clay film
- The procedure followed the standard film synthesis. This may be viewed here.
Data: DSC Table
||Glass Transition (⁰C)
||Water Evaporation Peak (⁰C)
| ||2||928.4||1.3239||69.11 and 79.8||108.58
| ||80||861.3||2.2633||68.866||102.05, 106.55, and 128.44
| ||Control||671.2||0.90296||69.164||116.15 and 105.16
Data: PVA only DSC Graphs
Data: PVA + NaMT DSC Graphs