Today, we are looking at the diffusion of Malachite Green across a film.
- Our group chose to use a PVA/clay film
- Michael's group is using a PVA film. Their protocol may be viewed here.
- the films were set between the two chambers
- Added liquid to each chamber
- One chamber got DI water
- The other chamber got 20ppm Malachite green
- Stock solution made by Mary, see here.
- At the 5 minute mark, 200uL was taken from each chamber and placed in an eppy tube
- Measure the UV-Vis spectrum for both samples using a small volume cuvette. Return each to the chamber it originally came from
- Take measurements at the following times
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 2 hours
- right before you leave lab
- Mass of Film Piece - 0.8846g
- Width of Film Piece - 0.51mm
- Diameter of Diffusion Tube - 14.41mm
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.