I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Irene Dzidzor Darku
- Penn State University
239 Agric. Engr. Bldg. University Park PA 16802
I am currently pursuing a PhD program in the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Penn State University. My career goal is to be a Bioenergy Engineering Consultant as well as a professor. So you can guess what my research interest would be. I am currently working on butanol production from lignocellulosic materials, with Prof. Richard Tom as my advisor.
- 2007-, PhD (pending), Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- 2004, MPhil in Engineering for Sustainable Development, Cambridge University, UK
- 2002, BSc in Agricultural Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Sustainable Biofuels and Bioenergy
- AgroWaste Utilization
- Sustainable Development
• Darku, I. D and K. Essien. 2009. Book review: Oil, Democracy, and the Promise of True Federalism in Nigeria. African and Asian Studies, Vol. 8 (3): 338-340
• Darku, I.D. 2005. Exploring the Potential of Oil Palm Fiber as a Clean Solid Fuel to Meet Local Energy Needs in Ghana in Hunger without Frontiers; Proceedings of the 2nd West Africa Society of Agricultural Engineering International Conference on Agricultural Engineering, September 20 -24, 2004, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST), Ghana, Pg 447 – 461. Design Press: KNUST, Ghana.