I am an undergraduate studying Biological Engineering at MIT. I've worked in the Langer Lab for the past two years on nucleic acid delivery and its immuno stimulatory effects. I learned about OWW (and BioBricks) through iGEM.
- 2011, SB in Biological Engineering, MIT
- 2007, North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics
- Synthetic Biology and Cell Circuits
- Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials
- Engineering Novel Synthetic Biological Systems
- This is from my high school research project on generating electrical power using magnetotactic bacteria with the Duke iGEM team in summer 2006.
I love to travel. I spent summer 2008 in Tanzania, IAP 2009 in Korea, and summer 2009 in Tanzania (June) and France (July-September), with some weekends in Barcelona and Geneva. I'm currently suffering from Paris withdrawal. I love to cook and picnic by a river. My favorite composers are Rachmaninov and Prokofiev; my favorite author is Isabel Allende.