I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Heejo Choi
- MIT Undergraduate in Biological Engineering
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in Lodish Lab at the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research. I learned about OpenWetWare through my 20.109 professor, and I've joined because I'd like to post about 20.109!
- 2015, SB Biological Engineering, MIT (Cambridge, MA)
- 2011, High School Diploma, River Hill High School (Clarksville, MD)
- Tissue Engineering
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2013
Preferred name/nickname (if not first)
Year of Graduation
Telephone # (needed in case we can't find you!)
heejo AT mit DOT edu
Preferred "Extra" OH Time
We will take a doodle poll to set regular office hours based upon T/R or W/F section. However, we do offer supplemental office hours before big assignments are due.
What times on Sundays (all), Mondays (T/R section), and Tuesdays (W/F section) are you available for occasional office hours? We have held office hours in the evening in the past, but day time slots are best.
- Sundays: before 8pm
- Tuesdays: after 4pm
Potentially Relevant Background
|Have you taken/are you taking...||Answer yes/no/when|
|7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry)||Yes/Spring 2013|
|7.06 (Cell Biology)||No|
|7.03 (Genetics)||Yes/Spring 2013|
|5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)||No|
|BioSafety Training||Yes/Summer 2012|
|Do you have experience with...||Answer yes/no/type|
|Cell culture (microbial/mammalian/yeast?)||Yes (microbial, mammalian)|
|Molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)||Yes (electrophoresis, PCR, western blotting)|
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
- I have been working in Professor Harvey F. Lodish's Lab since the summer of 2012 studying the dynamics of nuclear envelop proteins during terminal erythroid differentiation. My main tasks were to monitor the localization of the nuclear lamins via immunofluorescence staining and imaging, and to detect changes in their expression levels using western blot assays.
Anything else you would like us to know related to 20.109?
For example, please let us know if you have any special glove requests, namely XS or XL size, or nitrile material -- we carry latex S/M/L by default.
- No. Thank you =]
What is your favorite food or song or song about food?
- I love pastries, especially baklava!
Commitment to academic integrity
After you print out this page, please sign your name under to the following statement to indicate your agreement:
I have read and understood the 20.109 statement on collaboration and integrity.