Today's objective is to perform the fluorescence and UV spectroscopy on our samples. We are going to perform our analysis on 6 different samples:
- 70 ratio with dye (prepared last 2 weeks)
- 166 ratio with dye (prepared last 2 weeks)
- BSA/HCl with dye (prepared last 2 weeks)
We are going to use the protocol we established on the 2/22 to 'activate' the dye; so we are going to add Tris buffer until every solution turns blue.
- Preparation of the BSA/HCl control.
- Add 1mL of HCl (2.84mM) + 1mL BSA(17.7µM) + 8mL water
- Put into the oven for 2 hours
- Preparation of samples with dye
- After dialysis, we obtained:
- The 70 ratio with dye was a clear solution with some purple aggregats/beads
- The 166 ratio with dye was a clear solution with some purple aggregats/fibers
- The BSA/HCl with dye was a pink solution with some pink beads
- Add Tris buffer until the solution turns blue
- Vortex the samples: the 70 ratio and BSA/HCl solutions dissolved whereas 166 ratio didn't
- Centrifugation (5 minutes at 13200rpm) of the 166 ratio with dye solution
- Fluorescence spectroscopy results.