User:Emmalee Jones/Notebook/Lab Notebook/2010/03/02

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Extrusion and DLS of new sample

  • Extrusion process went smoothly today.
  • I looked at the vesicles with DLS. NOTE: I should have saved the little beaker of PBS so I didn't have to pour more out.
  • Results were very similar to the results from the batch from Friday, surprisingly. So that means the Friday batch hadn't decayed yet I guess. Next up is to make some with 30% PG, and then add in Texas Red.
  • I want to see if I get a similar size for the part PC part PG vesicles. If I do . . . that is pretty small. I'll have to check if I can see them at all.

First Batch:
Cumulants
RH - 64.18 ± 3.51 nm
Correlation Function
Image:030210b3cum.JPG


Regularization

Peak 1 2
Max 3.84 66.56
Mean 3.93 62.42
Min 0.69 27.84
Area % 1.34 98.66


Image:030210b3reg.JPG


Second Batch
Cumulants
RH - 68.79 ± 4.71 nm
Image:030210b2cum.JPG


Regularization

Peak 1 2
Max 3.71 63.70
Mean 3.74 59.39
Min 0.61 23.04
Area % 1.65 98.35


Image:030210b2reg.JPG


I did a few more tests, with similar results




Personal tools