To prepare a BSA/HCl control solution and to take UV-Vis and Fluorescence Spectra of the dye reactions.
- Prepare a BSA/HCl control by mixing 1 mL of 2.84 mM HCl with 1 mL BSA and 8 mL water
- The BSA/HCl control was left in an oven set to 80°C for 2 hours.
- Raise the pH of the dye reactions, until a blue color change is observed.
- Take UV-Vis spectra between 200 and 800 nm
- Take Fluorescence spectra between 620 and 800 nm with an excitation of 600 nm.
UV Spectroscopy Results
Fluorescence Spectroscopy Results
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.