To lower the pH of the reaction mixtures to approximately 7.00 and to perform dialysis on the samples.
Lowering the pH
1. BSA Control Solution
- 16.8 μL if 0.948 M HCl was added and the pH dropped to 3.20 and the solution became pink
- Added 300 μL 50 m Tris and the pH rose to 6.49 and the solution became more purple
2. Fiber Solution (166 ratio)
- Added 79μL if 0.948 M HCl, pH dropped to 2.72 and the blue solution became pink on the top
- Added 1 mL of Tris, pH rose to 6.14 and the solution became purple
3. Gold Solution (70 ratio)
- Added 30 μL of 0.948 M HCl, pH dropped to 2.92 and the top of the solution became pink
- Added 600 μL of Tris, the pH rose to 6.09 and little pink fibers developed in the solution.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.