- to make more Au/BSA solutions (in the morning)
- to take UV-vis of the Au/BSA solutions made yesterday
- to take UV-vis over time of how Au/BSA reacts with Tris buffer.
- to take UV-vis of the Au/BSA solutions made this morning.
- Making more Au/BSA solutions
- The same technique as yesterday was used.
- The same technique as used perviously was used.
- Please refer to the Spectra Data below for results from both absorption of AuNP/BSA solutions (both the solutions made yesterday and the solutions made yesterday) and Au/BSA reacting with Tris Buffer.
- Absorbance of AuNP/BSA solutions at concentrations ranging from 60 μM to 170 μM to determine the formation of AuNPs. (Solutions were made September 9th).
- Although the concentrations are not precise, due to an error during the making of the HAuCl4 stock solution, the solutions followed the predicted scheme of homogenous solutions from 60 Au/BSA to 134 Au/BSA and fibrous solutions from 135 Au/BSA to 170 Au/BSA. The only unusual result was that the 133 Au/BSA ratio had fibers while the 134 Au/BSA was a homogenous solution.
- This UV spectrum produced the expected peak at 540nm, with greatest absorbance in the 130 Au/BSA ratio.
Images of AuNP/BSA Solutions made Today
- Au/BSA solutions made September 12th, ranging from 60μM to 170μM. Note that an error occurred when making the stock solution for the HAuCl4 such that the stock was less concentrated than expected. Because of this, all the solutions made in this batch are technically above 133 μM AuNP/BSA ratio, so all the solutions created fibers.
- AuNP/BSA Absorbance at various concentrations over 133 AuNP/BSA, due to the error in that occurred in making the HAuCl4 stock solution.
- This UV-vis shows that the fiber concentration is similar because there is roughly the same concentration of the purple homogenous solution.
Images of Absorbance of Tris Buffer Reaction Over Time
- Absorbance of resuspended Au/BSA fibers in 10mM, 20mM, and 100mM Tris Buffer (pH10), 30 minutes and 90 minutes after the reaction
- Absorbance of resuspended Au/BSA fibers in 10mM Tris Buffer (pH10), 30 minutes and 90 minutes after the reaction. Taken on September 12th.
- Absorbance of resuspended Au/BSA fibers in 20mM Tris Buffer (pH10), 30 minutes and 90 minutes after the reaction. Taken on September 12th.
- Absorbance of resuspended Au/BSA fibers in 100mM Tris Buffer (pH10), 30 minutes and 90 minutes after the reaction. Taken on September 12th.