χρόνος πέρασμα September 3rd 2011
HydA CAI Optimizacion Control
- The double digestions of the bioparts B0015 and J04500 were succesful. Gel extraction of these double digestions.
- Today I ran a 1% agarose electrophoretic gel to see if the double digestions of the bioparts J04500 and B0015 were made correctly. 130 V 35 minutes.
- Lane #1 contains a 250 bp Ladder; lanes #2 and #3 contain the non-digested plasmids carrying B0015 and J04500, respectively; lanes #4 and #5 contain the double digested plasmids carrying B0015 and J04500, respectively. They were well digested.
- As these double digestions cut and left a tiny fragment of dna that in theory could be religated to its original plasmid if the solution put to ligate, I tried to avoid this annoyance using QIAEX II Gel Extraction Kit to extract only the desired digested fragment from each digestion. Once extracted, I ran a 1% agarose electrophoretic gel to see if the extraction was succesful. 130 V 35 minutes.
- Although barely, two bands of approximately the expected sizes can be observed. Maybe concentrating the solution might improve the probabilities of a succesful ligation.