Hi, my name is Camille Barr, and I'm currently at University of Montana. I learned about OpenWetWare from Mimulus PowWow at Duke, and I've joined because work on mimulus guttatus/nasutus speciation and selfish genes.
Welcome Camille Barr!
Welcome to OpenWetWare! We have automatically created this User page to make it easy for you to get started contributing to OWW. We hope that you post your ongoing projects so others can find out what you are doing, and maybe even contribute or collaborate with you!
The first step is to familiarize yourself with a wiki. See below for some tips to get you started making this User page yours. Don't be afraid to edit! One of the great things about the wiki is that everything is saved so if you can make a mistake you can always undo.
Eventually when you are comfortable, you can remove this intro and add something about yourself. We encourage you to do this so that other OWW members can start learning about all of your interesting work.
Basic Wiki Instructions
- Start off by clicking the 'edit' button to the right of this section, or at the top of the page.
- Now you should see the text of this section as text within an editor box. There are several buttons in the editor box, but don't worry about those for now. Just type something in the box, scroll down to the bottom, and hit the 'Preview' button.
- You should now see the web-page and text box views, but now with your edits!
- That's almost all you need to do to create your own text. There are of course many more ways to format your text. The easiest way to learn is to find an OWW page with the formatting you like, click on that edit button again, and see for yourself how it was created in that text box. If you want, you can also look at a list of formatting options and what they look at by clicking on this link. Or follow another tutorial to practice.
- When you are done, remove these instructions by clicking the edit button for this section again, erase everything you see in the text box and click 'Save Page'. (And remember you can always retrieve these by clicking on the 'history' tab at the top of this page.)
Note that these instructions apply to any page on OWW. Feel free to contribute to OWW by editing pages to add content, update them, or even correct mistakes. OWW relies on an active community to manage our growing resource of open access information, and we need your help!
We have gone ahead and filled in some information you provided us in your membership application at the top of this page. Please take a moment to embellish this and tell the community a little more about you. Put links to your lab pages, your projects and your interests. If you run out of ideas, take a look at some of the other User pages. For example, check out User:Julius_B._Lucks, User:Jason_R._Kelly and User:Reshma_P._Shetty.
You'll also notice that we have put an 'image' placeholder at the top of the page. We encourage you to upload an image of yourself to give OWW a more personal feel. To upload an image, click on the Upload file link on the left-hand side (toolbar). Choose a file from your computer, and remember the file name. After you have uploaded the image, you should see it loaded on its own page. User your browser's back button to come back to this page, click on edit, and replace 'OWWEmblem.png' with the name of your file that you have uploaded in the second line of this page.
Don't forget to remove these instructions from this page when you are done!