University of Virginia
Department of Chemistry
McCormick Road, Box 400319
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4319 USA
Educational Background & Professional Experience
In reverse chronological order:
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Univ of Virginia (Sep-2008 → present)
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Univ of Virginia (Jan-2008 → Aug-2008)
- Sloan/DOE Postdoctoral Fellow in Computational Molecular Biology, Univ of California, San Diego (Oct-2002 → Dec- 2007; with Andy McCammon)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Structural Biology, UCLA (May-2002 → Oct-2002; with David Eisenberg)
- PhD in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, UCLA (Sep 1996 → May 2002; with David Eisenberg)
- BS in Chemistry, with Highest Honors, Georgia Institute of Technology (Sep 1992 → Mar-1996; with Loren Williams)
- I work in the Mura Lab at the University of Virginia. I learned about OpenWetWare from online web searches (Google) and colleagues. I've joined because I would like to learn about OWW, add my group's website, and would also like to contribute in the areas of my training/expertise (crystallography, structural and computational biology, RNA-binding proteins).
- Structural biology and molecular biophysics of protein/nucleic acid assemblies, particularing those involved in RNA processing
- Macromolecular crystallography
- Molecular dynamics simulations and related computational methods
- Bioinformatics, particularly as related to protein family evolution / gene duplication / symmetric assemblies
- Presnell SR, Patil GS, Mura C, Jude KM, Conley JM, Bertrand JA, Kam CM, Powers JC, and Williams LD. . pmid:9836602.
- Mura C, Cascio D, Sawaya MR, and Eisenberg DS. . pmid:11331747.
- Wang S, Mura C, Sawaya MR, Cascio D, and Eisenberg D. . pmid:11914479.
- Mura C, Katz JE, Clarke SG, and Eisenberg D. . pmid:12595266.
- Mura C, Kozhukhovsky A, Gingery M, Phillips M, and Eisenberg D. . pmid:12649441.
- Mura C, Phillips M, Kozhukhovsky A, and Eisenberg D. . pmid:12668760.
- Arluison V, Mura C, Guzmán MR, Liquier J, Pellegrini O, Gingery M, Régnier P, and Marco S. . pmid:16337963.
- Arluison V, Mutyam SK, Mura C, Marco S, and Sukhodolets MV. . pmid:17660259.
blah blah blah
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.