Daily Goals (8:50)
Daily Goals Update(12:30)
- Dentist visit this morning.
- Fix templates to include the proper header information
- Add Search by date to calendar
- Replace current status filestore (current and history file) with calendar
- Get Google spreadsheet and word files working
- The spreadsheet API is overkill
- Use the common Word/Excel/PDF interface
- Look at how we can connect to Orkut
- Open Auth/OpenID give us most of what we need
- Need a waw to connect OWW username and google id
- Option: use openwetware.org google hosted docs domain
- Separate account
- Optional: use existing gmail account
Next Steps (8:50)
- Fix the templates to include these labels
- The templates need work but they are populating the fields as needed.
- Another step (not now): Use the extension that allows a new section to be programmatically adsded.
- Format of the code can be controlled better by removing the opportunity to make mistakes (typos)
- Meta: Think about include the following per-section as the title
- Q: Does Excel in Gdocs [ermit comparison between revisions?
Next Steps (2:25)
- Demo excel upload, search, list, and view
- Use the non-spreadsheet API
- Save the time/date in calendar as a log
- This is to re-establish the existing model
- Once it works, then break it into parts and deploy as separate extensions
- File Upload
- View document
- List documents
End of Day Summary
- Still working on connecting the Excel, Word extension.
- Tried to make a jump from working on calendar to the doc api
- Need to change approach.
- Build on what's working.
- Evolve the current set of classes to include Excel and Word
- Move the record of the current task to the calendar
- Add the URL and image support
- Rewrite the document and send it to Drew