Google Docs Integration
- Integrate parts of Google Docs into OWW for managing structured documents as well as providing an alternative trust model for members
- Work is being done in a private wiki. This wiki will be accessible it's stable.
- Document Types
- Use of spreadsheets for storing structured tabular content relevant to the research process.
- Use of .doc files for storing binary word processing documents
- Use of PDF files for storing publication-ready copies of documents relevant to the publication process
- More to be considered over time
- Integration with other services
- Authentication: extend current OWW OpenID to use external OpenID providers
- User/entity management: use external entity security model to extend protection of document into OWW for selected classes of documents.
- Leverage mail, calendar, and online alerting mechanisms
- Leverage social networking platforms to selectively expose OWW content under the management of individual users
- Leverage of connections between users as they permit to increase the relevance of OWW content and how individual users interact with it to improve the quality of research.
- For read-access to the private wiki where work is being done, contact me (Bill Flanagan)
- To provide input or comments on this work, use this page:
- I will provide an ongoing FAQ here as the work progresses:
- For examples of ow this integration has been done or is being done in other projects, look here