- Work on Disc Diffusion Antibacterial Procedure and Prepare Reagents
- UV Vis on 02/24/16 Nanoparticle Reactions
- Ocean Optics UV Vis was used to record UVVIS Spectra of Casein AgNPs. The other machine broke and is unusable.
- Integration time= 10ms and Average =100.
- A water blank in the same quartz cuvette was subtracted from the spectra before running any samples.
Materials for Agar Disc Diffusion
- Mueller Hinton Agar
-Dissolved Agar packet in 1L of water over hot plate
-Autoclaved on wet cycle
- Whatman Membrane Filter Paper
-autoclaved in dry cycle
- Protein-Nanoparticle samples and Ampicillin Control Dilutions
Example Nanoparticle Sample Dilutions
- Reaction mix data can be found at the link SRB Lab Notebook Data
Due to time constraints, the actual diffusion assay was not performed this day