- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is a naturally occurring compound produced by Cannabis. For many centuries cannabis has been used in native cultures as an anti-microbial and anti-fungal. THC is one of the active ingredients that imparts this behavior, and lipophilic, THC is particularly effective against mosquito larvae. We are interested in cloning plants and bacteria so as to produce THC for use in agricultural and industrial applications.
- Although the general process of THC production is understood the lab details for this process are not clearly organized for a novice to follow
- The goal is to identify best practices for
- Extracting DNA from cannabis related to THC production
- Inserting this DNA into 1-several different organisms
- Amplifying production
- Anyone is welcome to make changes, this is clearly a work in progress at the basic level
- the Overview is a good place to get started