User:Andy Maloney/Notebook/Lab Notebook of Andy Maloney/2009/09/29/New stuff
We received new pipetters and we just got the new stockhttp://www.openwetware.org/index.php?title=User:Andy_Maloney/Notebook/Lab_Notebook_of_Andy_Maloney/2009/09/29/New_stuff&action=edit solution of MgCl2. This means I can start to make new buffer solutions for the kinesin and microtubule experiments.
I transferred a new stock of DMSO into Nalgene cryo tubes. They are being stored in desiccant under nitrogen in a plastic jar. That plastic jar is then in the desiccator clearly labeled as having DMSO in it.
I am going to make a 10 mM stock solution of Taxol in DMSO. Since the Taxol we have comes from Cytoskeleton and is packaged in vials containing 170 µg of Taxol, I need to add 20 µL of DMSO to make the 10 mM solution.
This stock solution will be in the e•IceBucket by Brian's station.
1 N NaOH
Easy. I've made 50 mL and it's in a glass bottle by my station.
Done and pH-ed to 6.93. I am pretty sure that it is going to be fine at this pH. I did unfortunately mess up the pH-ing and had to add HCl to get it to the pH it is at.