User:Andy Maloney/Notebook/Lab Notebook of Andy Maloney/2009/06/04/In the lab

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search

Fibers

So today I was a bit more careful with setting up the fiber to collect light from the diode. I was able to get over 250 mW out of the fiber with a fairly decent circular beam. That's about 50% of the power output from the diode right now. I didn't have everything tightened down so something got bumped and I lost it. After the bump, I couldn't get 250 mW out again. Initially I though I burned out the fiber but I couldn't get the same power out with a different one.

This makes me believe that I moved something and all I have to do tomorrow is reset things and be systematic about coupling the light to the fiber. I'm confident that I will get it to work.

Personal tools