Characterize the previously synthesized BSA-L-cysteine ZnS:Mn Nanocrystals using UV-Vis.
- Remove 1 mL aliquot from test tube and place in the cuvette.
- Take the UV-Vis spectra of the sample.
- Repeat for each test tube
- Take the UV-Vis spectra of each standard: BSA, L-cysteine, zinc (II) nitrate and manganese (II) acetate.
- Data analysis of the UV-Vis absorbances
- Determine if any changes in procedure need to be made.
- Is a different scale of protein:ligand ratio required?
- Were QD NCs successfully synthesized?
- Prepare stock solutions for next synthesis on the following day.
Note: Much of the protocol for today will be determined by the results of our first synthesis.
- we are going to increase the final volume of solution to yield more mass to be collected. The original final volume will be multiplied by three.
Corrected Volumes Table
||5 mM Zinc Nitrate (uL)
||5mM Manganese Acetate (uL)
||41.65 mM Ammonium Acetate (uL)
||11uM BSA* (uL)
||10uM L-Cysteine (uL)
||10mM Ammonium Hydroxide (uL)
||5 mM Sodium Sulfide* (uL)
||Total Volume (mL)
All solutions in the test tube have orange fluorescence properties. All test tubes have precipitates, the largest with 0% BSA.
UV-Vis and fluorescence measurements of all test tubes are recorded.
UV-Vis of BSA-L-Cysteine
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.