Tons of larvae in each reciprocal cross vial. Seems like there are about 3X as many in vial 2 (sepia females) than in the wild female vial.
- 1. Make 2 new culture vials.
- 2. Label one Male wild X Female sepia, and the other Female wild X Male sepia.
Vial 1 is Male Wild X Female Sepia
Vial 2 is Male Sepia X Female Wild
- 3. Transfer 8 virgin wild females flies to vial 2. Transfer 8 virgin female sepia flies to vial 1.
- 4.Anesthetize and sort out 8 male wild flies and 8 male sepia flies.
- 5. Place the male wilds in vial 1. Place the male sepia in vial 2.
- 6.Store in incubator at 75 Degrees °F.
- 7.Record progress.
- 8.When pupa form, release adults. (old adults)
- 9. When more than 50 flies hatch, use flynap, and sort them.
- 10. Find MOI (mode of inheritance)