What I did today
In the Lab
- We did a growth experiment.
- We also made liquid YEPD for the cultures that we will grow next week. We made about 600mL of the media.
- We incubated at 5:35 pm.
- We made observations for the 30°C and the 15°C plates that were made two days ago. The 15°C plates did not have any single colonies that could be observed, thus we made no observations of those plates.
- We also made observations for previous frowth experiments and took out the plates that were grown at 15°C on 05/27/2010.
The mathematics of it
- Dr. Fitzpatrick made a new folder that had the codes and data separated for us. This meant that we could see the original forward simulation codes.
- The code that we were working with was the 'general_forward_sim_function' program in Matlab.
- We recreated the Dalhquist data file that would consist of five different worksheets.
- parameter_values (this sheet contains the weights and the thresholds(b))
- the network (this is a matrix of 1's and 0's of the genes in the network)
- production_rates (These values were obtained by assuming that the system was in equilibrium. This means that we solved the equation P=2*degradation rates.)
- measurement_times (We want to see what this network does during these time periods.)
- Dr. Fitzpatrick wants us to look at how sloppy our parameters are by looking at the equations given in the paper that was done for journal club.