Tasks for October 15
- To run SDS-PAGE
- To perform data analysis of dialysed solutions from Oct. 14
- Warm your samples from Oct. 14 to about 40 °C using heating block
- Transfer solutions to a premade gel
- Well 1: Precision Plus Protein All Blue Standards
- Well 3: 0.12 g/L lysozyme Ink A
- Well 4: 30:1 Lysozyme colloid
- Well 5: 0.12 g/L Lysozyme
- Well 6: 0.6 g/L Lysozyme
- Run as previously described. Refer to Dr. Harting's protocol.
Determination of molecular weight
- By comparison with Precision Plus Protein Standards, the molecular weight of all samples was close to 15 KD, slightly lower, as expected for lysozyme compounds with MW=14,300 KD.
- There was a very small quantity of unknown A and colloid in the gel. The very faint mark observed in well 3 could even be considered to be bleed-over from the 30:1 colloid in well 4. Therefore, electrophoresis was inclonclusive with respect to the molecular weight of unknown A.