- synthesis IRMOF's with adenine and guanine
- need 500mg zinc nitrate hexahydrate (MW 297.5 g/mol), 154.3 mg Terephthalic acid (MW 166.13 g/mol) and either 63.5 mg guanine (MW 151.13 g/mol) or 56.8 mg adenine (MW 155.13 g/mol)
- weighed out each component into a vial.
- for IRMOF with guanine: 506.8 mg Zn(NO3)2 6H2O, 160 mg Terephthalic acid, 67 mg guanine
- for IRMOF with adenine: 523.0 mg Zn(NO3)2 6H2O, 155 mg Terephthalic acid, 57.8 mg adenine
- added approx 6 mL DMY to each vial
- sonicated to dissolve leaving IRMOF-G vial with a white, opaque solution and the IFMOR-A vial with a clear transparent solution.
- at 4pm place at 90 °C in a oven.
- at 6pm the IRMOF-A was solution was yellow; IRMOF-G has white material settled at the bottom that went into suspension after swirling the vial
- at 8:30am on 2/6/2013 both solutions were yellow. IRMOF-A has white solid coating the bottom and walls of the vial; IRMOF-G had same white material that went back into suspension as in previous note.