Undergraduate BE Board:Minutes - 4/28/08 Minutes

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search

Image:UGMITBETopBEBoard2.gif

Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      


Minutes BE UG Board Meeting
April 28th 2008
CoffeeHouse (3rd Floor Student Center)
10:00pm

Attendance: Dawn, Maryelise, Marta, Emzo

Curriculum Board Update

    • response from course 20 students about questions posed by Griffith?
    • Griffith is waiting till closer to meeting
  1. Associate Advising
    • Luncheon - May 4th, Royal East, 1pm
      • Dawn to send out another email, very exciting
      • 30 or 40 people reservation made
  2. Course 20 Underground Guide
    • Monday, May 5th 3pm
    • Location TBA
  3. ASA
    • next application cycle is in the Fall
    • need a constitution
    • essay questions
    • Number of people in group
    • different kinds of groups, full vs. partial--determines our funding
    • Dawn will compile a list of requirements
    • table till fall
  4. Tshirts
    • Cafe Press logistics - Renuka
    • People buying leftovers? - Bernice
    • Tabled for next time
    • Email to get the MIT license (Maryelise)
  5. Grad Student info for UG's Study Break - Dawn
    • May 13th (2nd to last day of class)
    • Email out ASAP and multiple times
    • 56-614, 7:00 pm (need to reserve room)
    • Food: Sebastians maybe
    • still hearing back about speakers
  6. TA Awards
    • Drew's secretary got back to Marta and is going to make a list of all the BE TA's
    • it will just be course 20 classes (i.e. not 6.00, etc)
    • Marta will make a survey monkey and email it out to all BE students once she receives list(besb-10, etc)
  7. BE BBQ canceled
    • we are strongly advised to do our own "goodbye senior" event
    • Undergrads and core Professors
    • Date - Friday May 16th
    • Clear start and end time - 12:30-1:30?
    • Encourage people to come on time, not miss this event...
    • Place - Student Center, Mezz Lounge or 20 Chimneys
    • Food - BBQ from Red Bones? (nice pulled pork, grilled veggies, etc)
    • We invite students (email out), Cathy invites Core BE Faculty
    • Senior Recognition and Superlatives announced halfway through event
    • we should consider making a slide show
  8. 20.309 Logistics
    • Now offered in Fall and Spring
    • Consider holding an event for Juniors to talk about 20.309?
      • Maybe just send out an informational email, no need for event
      • Dawn will email her back
  9. BE Bulletin Board
    • Dawn will take care of this
  10. Senior Dinner
    • Dan Darling is on top of this. Invitations have gone out, etc. We are in the clear.
  11. Next Meeting = May 12th


FOR NEXT TIME:

  • Summer Plans
  • Associate Advisers
  • T-shirts (license)
Personal tools