Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 3/16/10 Agenda

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search

Image:UGMITBETopBEBoard2.gif

Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      


BE UG Board Meeting
Date/Time: 3/16/10
Place: Coffeehouse at *9:30*

  1. Welcome and Attendance
  2. Scheduling - What's up guys?
  3. Social Events
    • Study break for the seniors - thoughts?
    • Reminder: Tentative Study breaks on 4/1 (9pm) for the Juniors and April 14th for the sophomores. Thank you Ragheb for taking care of the last study break. I will take care of this one for the Juniors on the 1st.
    • T-shirt Orders are coming. Yay!! We should have one more joint study break towards the end of the semester so that everyone can pick up their T-shirt orders.
  4. Academic Events
    • MD panel with Griffith/Isaacson - I have still been playing email tag with Dr. Griffith and Isaacson. March is out. I hope they can find a date in April. I will update you guys as I get more information. I have tried once again to contact Linda and Dr. Isaacson, but none of them are responsive to my emails right now. I might have to visit them myself right after spring greak.
    • Grad advising event - Anne
    • Something to do with Industry - Lauffenburger has invited someone called Dr. Noubar Afeyan to speak with people. They decided that this is more of a Graduate Board/BE-BMES thing because its not exclusively linked to course 20...
    • I have asked the graduate board to include undergraduates in their Industry Seminar Session. Manalis sent out an email to everyone about the last one of these. I don't think many undergraduates actually went to this session, so I don't know how much we want to invest in this. In order to include us on their email lists, they want us to pay for a portion of their event.
  5. Associate Advising
    • I have already emailed people to go out with their freshmen. I think this year more and more of the faculty are willing to let their AA's do things. Some of the faculty (Thilly) still refuse to contact the AA's, but it's alright.
    • Reminder to continually send out emails to the AA's so that they continue to do things with their advisers.
    • AA's have emailed me about reimbursements...
  6. Curriculum Meeting - WAY in the future
    • Next curriculum meeting is about BE electives. What should be done before? Survey? What kind of questions need to be asked, etc.
  7. BE "Stuff"
    • T-shirt orders. Let the chaos begin!
  8. Lounge
    • This bullet is and always will be on the agenda.
  9. Looking ahead - what other things should we be looking at doing?
    • BE FPOP - Sivakami
  10. other...
Personal tools