Some questions arising from the discussion ...
- Does noise matter in metabolic engineering? (for example, noise in transcriptional signals)
- What target expression levels are needed in metabolic engineering? I want an enzyme with normalized expression level of 0.8.
- How many different expression levels are needed in metabolic engineering?
- There are two kinds of noise. a) perturbations to steady-state and b) changes in the steady-state level.
- Which one is more important to control for?
- Standard characterization conditions
- How do you characterize a device
- How do you map in vitro characterization results to an in vivo system? Are those results at all applicable?
- What do folks do to tune devices?