Sean Lauber:Adenovirus infection (in vitro)
This procedure is optimized for using 96-well plates (0.32 cm^2).
1. Seed 2000 cells per well
2. Incubate overnight at 37°C/5% CO2.
3. Wash cells with 100 ul of PBS two times.
4. Add 10 pfu/cell (MOI) of the virus in 10 ul of PBS on top of the cells.
5. Incubate at 37°C for 30 minutes.
6. Add 100 ul of media on top of the cells (don't remove the virus)
7. Incubate for as long as you need at 37°C/5% CO2
Possible to go from 20-50 pfu as well, although 10 seems to work just fine.
PFU = MOI * #cells