The topic of sustainability is very broad. The wikipedia definition is here.
With this in mind we welcome submissions based on research or community service work with a special emphasis on what can be done here at MIT and in the immediately surrounding community. We welcome your creativity. Submissions for this section can be posters, 3D displays or any other format in which you would like to convey your idea. In order to have the necessary equipment for your display, however, we request that you submit the following
to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 11 April (EXTENDED DEADLINE!)
The first 25 submissions will receive partial reimbursement for display construction costs.
4. One paragraph abstract about what presenting:
5. Equipment needed (poster board, table, electrical outlet, etc.)
Further criteria to consider when creating your poster or display:
All projects should exemplify:
- Degree of positive impact on society and the earth
- Potential degree of impact in improving sustainability from local to global scale
- Ability to integrate into society and everyday life (e.g. practicality)
- Potential to even become a societal norm!
- Vision towards the future
- Existence of action steps towards becoming a reality
- Relationship to other campus organizations and efforts