Prince:Intro to Mass Spectrometry Proteomics
Here are some introductory resources to the field of Mass Spectrometry Proteomics. Add more as you come across them.
- Mass spectrometry–based proteomics in cell biology - review by Walther & Mann
- Proteome Bioinformatics - book published in 2010, free pdfs available [BYU subscription].
- Bioinformatics for Comparative Proteomics - book published in 2010, free pdfs available [BYU subscription].
- Bioinformatics for Qualitative and Quantitative Proteomics (chapter 15 of Bioinformatics for Omics Data)
- Proteomics by Mass Spectrometry: Approaches, Advances, and Applications (Yates, Ruse, and Nakorchevsky)
- Vitek and Kall overview of computation mass spec proteomics
- Matlab has a series of tutorials that are useful (>>doc help then search for Mass Spectrometry)
- Comments on standards in proteomics and the concept of fitness-for-purpose - includes discussion of hypothesis driven and exploratory research.
Statistics of Quantitative Proteomics
- Design and analysis issues in quantitative proteomics studies Simple discussion of things like 'power', 'effect size' and multiple hypothesis testing.
- Yates, Ruse, and Nakorchevsky (see review above)
"Mass spectrometry (MS) is the most comprehensive and versatile tool in large-scale proteomics"