- Brief summary of what you did (linking to the lab manual page is OK)
- Add links to all wiki pages that contain your notebook entries. This is likely only one page.
- Report your value for the fall time using AC coupling.
The Fall time that I found using AC coupling was t~=52 ms
- Include error bars!
- Explain how you measured this (briefly)
I measured the fall time using the coursor function on the oscillscope. The measure function
can be used also but I found it more difficult to use. With the coursor I selected to read
off Ch2 and it gives to 'coursors' and using one to measure the max voltage of the signal and
then use the other to find 10% of that voltage and see where the decaying portion
intersected the coursor line. Then I counted the divisions between the edge of the falling/
decaying graph and where it intersected that second coursor. That was the fall time.
- What did you learn?
I learned how to calculate frequency from the period, or at least it became more clear how to
- It's OK if you didn't learn anything. But include things you are still confusing.
- What did you explore outside of the standard lab procedure? Anything interesting?
I did not explore anything outside of the standard lab procedure due to time constraints.
- What could make the lab better next year?
Possibly more time to play with the oscillscopes and understand how they opperate more.