CAUTION: Chloramphenicol is a suspected carcinogen. Use gloves, goggles, and the fume hood.
- 200 proof ethanol (100%)
- chloramphenicol (BP904-100)
- Fill a 50mL centrifuge tube with 20mL of 200 proof ethanol. (we use a centrifuge tube because it must withstand vigorous vortexing)
- Weigh out 680 mg chloramphenicol. Insert this into the tube.
- Vortex the tube vigorously until it is well-mixed.
- Aliquot the solution into 1.5mL eppendorf tubes. Label each tube. Store them in a labelled bag in the -20C chest freezer in 3007.
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
*Cameron J. Stewart: April 19, 2016
or instead, discuss this protocol.