New Lab Member Training
- Download New Lab Member Training Worksheet and submit it to Lab Manager when training is complete
- Note: Please review the Sterile Techniques document before scheduling Cell Culture training
LAB ORIENTATION FOR NEW STUDENTS
- KEYS: See JoAnn (56-341, sorrento@MIT.EDU)
- ORDERING: See JoAnn to be assigned an account number, arrange for visa card/ visa card training and requisition forms.
- COMPUTER ACCESS: See Aran (email@example.com)
- SAFETY: See Safety Officer: HD (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shan (email@example.com).
- RADIATION TRAINING (if required): Contact Radiation Safety Training Office: http://web.mit.edu/rpo/index.html (N52-496, Tel: 617 452 3477), see Justin for lab practices (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- LAB COAT and safety glasses: See Lab Manager.
- GENERAL LAB ORIENTATION: See Lab Manager.
- LAB SPACE (Including desk, bench, freezers, fridge, cold room, & incubator space assignment): See Lab Manager.
- EQUIPMENT TRAINING: See person assigned to specific equipment (lab duty sheet).
- TISSUE CULTURE TRAINING: See Pam (email@example.com), Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Megan (email@example.com).
- CELL BANK: To obtain cells / N2 tank space see Megan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you need a UROP go to following web page for information/ to post advertisement: http://web.mit.edu/urop/guidelines.html
- Also visit UROP office in academic resource center for information (email@example.com bldg 7, room 104, Tel: x3-7306).
- If new UROP is a first time worker at MIT you must contact student employment (3-4973) to fill out an I9 form.
- See above for lab orientation and safety training.