Hyunyoung (Young) Jeong, PharmD, PhD
Associate Professor of Pharmacokinetics
Departments of Pharmacy Practice and Biopharmaceutical Sciences
833 S. Wood Street (MC 886), Room 164
Chicago, IL 60612
Office: 900 S. Ashland Ave, Room 3220
Laboratory: 900 S. Ashland Ave, Room 3218
E-mail: yjeong at uic edu , hyunyoung.jeong at gmail com 
- Pharmacokinetics: Altered drug metabolism during pregnancy; Preclinical drug development
- Molecular Pharmacology: Regulation of hepatic drug-metabolizing enzymes
- Pharmacogenomics: Pharmacogenomics of drug-metabolizing enzymes
- Toxicology: Role of gut microbiota in drug-induced toxicity
Miaoran received Chancellor's Graduate Research Award (January 2016)
- Miaoran Ning received AAPS Graduate Student Fellowship. Congratulations! (May 2016)
- Miaoran Ning received UIC Chancellor's Graduate Research Award. Congratulations! (January 2016)
- Young received Chicago Biomedical Consortium Catalyst Award to study roles of gut microbiota in drug toxicity and efficacy. This will be a collaborative work with Dr. Eugene Chang at University of Chicago . (December 2015)
- Jeong lab moved to Molecular Biology Research Building (MBRB), 900 S. Ashland Ave. (September 2015)
- Young received an R01 grant entitled "Molecular basis of interindividual variability in CYP2D6-mediated drug metabolism" from National Institute of General Medical Sciences. (July 2015)
- Young got appointed to the Editorial Advisory Board of Drug Metabolism and Disposition. (April 2015)
- Xian Pan won 3rd place at predoctoral student poster competition of ASPET Drug Metabolism Division, Experimental Biology 2015. Congratulations! (March 2015)
- Kyoung-jae Won, PhD joined Jeong lab as a postdoc. He is a recent graduate from the University of Science and Technology in South Korea (April 2016)
- Kun Zhou, PhD joined Jeong lab as a postdoc. She is a graduate from Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Jan 2016).
- Xian Pan successfully defended her PhD thesis. Congratulations!! (June 2015).
- Becca Kent, a PhD student, joined Jeong lab (April 2015).
- Di Hu, PhD left for a faculty position at Shenyang Pharmaceutical University (April 2015).
- Jin Kyung Lee, PhD took a scientist position at Green Cross Pharmaceuticals in Korea (Feb 2014).
- Sungjoon Cho, a PhD student, joined Jeong lab (Dec 2014).
- Shu Zhang, a PhD student, joined Jeong lab (May 2014).