Have any ideas?
- create a strain of yeast to digest cellulose and give off ethanol as a waste product
- engineer bacteria to live in either your blood stream or stomach and break down cholesterol
- engineer bacteria to break down or convert trans-fats found in food or in the body
- produce bacteria with the metabolic pathway needed to secrete omega-3 fatty acids
- design root beer flavored yeast for brewing root beer in one step (not only world-changing but delicious)
- create bacterial that convert solar energy into electrical energy
- give bacteria the ability to sense glucose and then secrete insulin in response