- Decide on constitutive promoter for CPX
- Transform promoter into DH5a
- Plate transformants
- Check sequencing results for Mer/GFP 3A
- Perform flourescence assay on mer-gfp construct
- Clean out fridge
Flourescence Assay Protocol
- Draw sample of 1.5 ml from incubated cells with Hg
- Plot OD's
- Spin down 3 mins at 13000 rpm
- Aspirate and resuspend in 1.5 ml .9% NaCl
- Repeat 3
- Repeat 4
- Put 150ul in plate reader
- mer.I13500 in pSB1AT3 came back really crappy. Biobrick prefix and suffix are partially present, cannot locate the sequence for GFP.
- Need to send in the parts for sequencing.
- Will run a colony PCR as a diagnostic?
Construct containing CPX and the polystyrene-binding peptide that will hopefully go into final system:
I14032 is a lacI repressable constitutive promoter. R0051 is a lambda cl repressable promoter.
Things That Got Cleaned Out