Agenda for July 3
- Call Geneart
- Results of Alex/Diti PCR?
- For metals: RBS and promoter? (clarify!)
- Barry's promoter -- obtainment?
- Discuss results of Monday's 2PM meeting
- Set up meeting with Drew/Tom/grads?
- All plates look like sludge
- Not sure why
- Could be need to use LB+KAN for recovery step
- Plating with 1000 µl instead of 100 µl
Make LB+KAN agar plates
- Heat LB+KAN agar plates
- Heat LB + Agar 1.2% for 10 minutes at 50% power
- Wait until cool to touch and put in 960(???) µL Kanamycin to make 10 µg/ml concentration
- Pour into labeled plates
Incubate 5 colonies of DB3.1 strain with pSB3k3 plasmid (with Kan+)
- Started at 6pm (spinning in hot room)
- +18 hours = done 12pm tomorrow
Incubated plates of DH5a
- Francois kindly gave us two plates of untransformed DH5a because our own line is probably compromised
- Incubated plates at 37°C overnight