- Morning: Debbie, Forrest
- Afternoon: Brian
- Analyze plates
- innoculate 4ml LB/Amp
- Mini-prep plasmid DNA
Results from last night's incubation
Contents Volume Label # of Colonies U V (2 µL) I 67 ddV (5 µL) A 0 ddV + ddI (5 µL) B 0 dV (5 µL) C 28 dV + dI (5 µL) D 49 ddV (10 µL) E 0 ddV + ddI (10 µL) F 5 dV (10 µL) G 0 dV + dI (10 µL) H 5
- All plates with colonies have feeder colonies
- Plate and look at them.
- At least a couple colonies.
- if lots, pick 2 colonies from each; doesn't matter 5 ul or 10 ul. Just need 4 different types
- One colony into one tube, and repeat. So we have 11 innoculation tubes; 2 for each type and all 5 for ddV/ddI.
- Put LB amp into glass tubes with metal caps (flamed)
- Loop and insert colonies.
- Place plates in fridge
- Place tubes in 37°C room overnight
- Store in refigerator for mini-prep on monday
- 2: U V
- 2: dV
- 2: dV + dI
- 5: ddV + ddI