IGEM:MIT/2005/Tabled because we do not have ToxR-cI fusion: Signal Test (see: John Mekalanos, Harvard, ToxR-cI Fusion)
- scFv-ToxR-cI-Reporter fusion
- Check for fusion of scFv doesn't cause dimerization or block dimerization
- Then test for different length linkers of fluoreceins. (can be synthesized for us invitro)
- Which one cause transcription of reporter? (test constructs)
- ToxR co-operative interactions are not modulated by environmental conditions or periplasmic domain conformation, Michelle Dziejman
- When ToxR dimerizes, the proteins attached to ToxR can bind to DNA to bring it together or not.
- Can see BetaGal or not.
- (plates) Xgal -> "x" = blue + galactose
- (liquid) ONPG -> ONP (yellow A420) + galactose
- Parallel: build ctx promoter with reporter.
- We can test this now. We just need the plasmid and strains. .
- Does it autodimerize? Figure out natural behaviors
- Michelle Dziejman