IGEM:MIT/2005/Beginning of Week Meeting: Monday, July 5
Top Priority (can be done today)
- Figuring out fusion point - where to attach ToxR to scFvs. Need help reading paper.
- Why was this place chosen on other papers? Use this to help figure this.
- What else did they try? What didn't work, why?
- Look at references from article.
- Specify this week -> next week's experiments.
- Controls, what to expect
- Getting cells from Harvard - learning about them, reading papers.
- Order Biobricks
- In parallel: order primers to make BioBricks in lab.
- scFvs 1-3
To Do This Week
- How to get library of fluorecein dimers
- Get ToxR and ToxR-cI plasmids from Harvard
Converting to BioBrickism
- Get rid of incorrect restriction sites, attach biobrick ends.
- See codon usage to ensure efficiency in transcription. (Take out rare codons)
- Biobrick domains. Allow for exchange of scFv easily.
- Protein domains - LD linker is fixed.